Tuesday 17 May 2022

Sloth Rocket

Last year I posted about a record by a band called Blasting Concept, which I described as 'like hardcore 70s rock'. I also mentioned that I would probably get around to checking out their full length at some point. Well, that 'some point' is now.

The LP is titled 'Sloth Rocket' and was released by (believe it or not) Ebullition Records back in 2015. Turns out that someone in the band used to be in the band Manumission, hence the connection with Ebullition. I'm pretty sure that all copies are on this nice looking purple vinyl.

I was pretty stoked to find this one in Radiation Records, which is one of the best record stores I have ever been to. I was in the store for about 45 minutes and didn't get close to getting through half of the records in the store. But I just reached a point where I was actually getting bored of looking at records, and my fingers were starting to ache. But I was stoked to find this.

Interesting that I'm posting this almost a year after their first record that I posted, which i said last year was perfect for summer days. And here I was today listening to this whilst sitting in the sun, thinking 'damn it, this record rules'.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I checked out that Blasting Concept record you posted about last year and it is great. I need to get my hands on the vinyl (without spending the inflated $50 price on Discogs right now). Will need to check this one out too, if it is as good as you say.