Thursday 19 May 2022

Yak Songs

So I bought the new Angel Du$t LP 'Yak: A Collection Of Truck Songs' on the back of my decision to buy more new releases. And I also decided to ignore whatever suitable vinyl colours exist, and just grabbed this UK version on an awful bright green. I can't imagine many people who liked this band in 2014 are still payng attention at this point, and now I'm sat here looking at this picture and kinda wondering why I am, because this is pretty damn far away from where the band started out.

It's funny because I have liked each successive Angle Du$t LP less than the last one. The first one I absolutely loved back in 2014, the second one in 2016 let me down a little, the third was totally different and worked ok as a summer record in 2020... and here we are in 2022 with the fourth one. Musically it's much like the last one and nothing ike the first one, and I've actually been listening to this quite a bit because I have spent a fair amount of time just sitting in the garden over the last couple of weeks. Such are the benefits of not having a job. It seems like the right chice for sitting in the sun and nodding off if nothing else. But I am curious as to exactly who is into this band these days.

1 comment:

dvrcboston said...

i'll add my name to liking it. great record. so catchy.