Friday 20 May 2022

I Hate San Francisco

Two years ago I stumbled on a great hardcore 7" by a band called Ex Youth. The band has (or had?) the drummer from Ceremony on vocals and released a six song 7" back in 2018 which absolutely rips. I picked up a white vinyl copy in 2020, but of course could not resist grabbing a couple of extra copies on different colours for pretty cheap prices when they fell in my path.

First up is one of the 'purple smoke' copies. As the photo shows, these were numbered out of 55 and come in a stamped dust sleeve.

I think these numbered copies were for mailorder only, and are called 'purple smoke' due to the faint whisps of purple contained within a clear vinyl record.

And I also grabbed a purple vinyl copy. There were 100 of these suckers.

I'm assuming that, with there now having been 4 years pass since this originally came out (and seven years since the band's demo was released), that the band is probably done. A bit of a shame, as this really is a great hardcofre 7" that is very reminiscent of the Bridge 9 kinda sound from about twenty years ago. But hey, this is the blessing and the curse of hardcore bands. Sometimes they come and go and leave only a 7" and you're forever left wondering what might have happened if they had stuck around a little longer.

1 comment:

Ralf said...

I love that 7". Glad I'm not the only one.