Sunday 22 May 2022

Field Of Flames

Another recent Indecision Records release that I've been playing a lot lately is this 'Constructing A War Against You' 12" EP by Field Of Flames. I hadn't heard of the band and knew nothing about them, but after listening to one song I was handing my money over for a record immediately.

Indecision have put out a few limited releases, and this is one in the series. There were 200 copies pressed in total, all on colour vinyl. They were supposed to be blue vinyl, but the records range from blue to a greenish colour. I think mine is roughly the halfway point between the blue and green.

So Field Of Flames are a straight edge band from San Jose who are clearly heavily influenced by the 1990s. The final song on this 7 song EP is an Unbroken cover, and the band cite Slugfest and Undertow as influences. If this had been released back in 1995 then without a doubt it would have been put out by New Age Records. Anyway, If you like any of those bands or similar, then you'll probably enjoy this.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Okay. I'm obviously going to need to check this out.