Friday 6 May 2022

Hygiene

A couple of months ago Mike messaged me to tell me he was excited about the cover for the new Drug Church LP. I think he thought it looked awesome and expected me to think the same, but to me it just looked like a fish eye in an orange, and wasn't something that I found interesting at all. I'd never heard the band and couldn't care less about the artwork. Sorry dude! Then a month or so ago I was in California and the people I was staying with were going on about how good Drug Church is. I asked what they sounded like, and they said that they don't really sound like anything else, which left me intrigued. So I decided to check them out. I played the new record on their bandcamp and found it to be ok. The next day I checked it again and it somehow seemed to fit in quite nicely with the California lifestyle I was living. So of course I decided to just cut to the chase and invest in a physical copy, especially as I'd also made a decision on the trip that I should be less resistant to buying more new releases.

So a couple of days later I bought this copy from RevHQ. This is an 'exclusive' version sold only by Revelation, which is known as 'yellow with black splatter'. As well as deciding to buy more new releases, I have also decided to be less picky when it comes to colours and not only be satisfied with the most limited version, because being picky in the recent past has caused me to miss out on records completely and regret it later. So I bought this one without seeing what it looked like... which has proved to be an interesting decision, because if I had seen this before I bought it then I would not have bought it as it looks like shit. But hey, it's a 'limited edition colour vinyls' so I should probably just be grateful to have one at all.

It's kinda funny that I was told that Drug Church don't sound like anything else. To me it sounds slightly similar to the Culture Abuse LP that everyone went nuts for back in 2018... which was another Summer hit for me back then. As it stands, I'm quite enjoying this Drug Church LP right now. It's made it onto my daily playlist. It's definitely going to be one of the hits of Summer 2022.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Dude! It's an eye...on some kind of citrus fruit. It is amazing. ha ha ha. There is something about the use of color that is totally eye catching for me.