Tuesday 24 May 2022

Youth Crew

Youth Of Today is one of those bands that I don't feel that I 'collect'. I never actively set out to try to pick up every version of every YOT record ever made. However, like a lot of bands, over time I have ended up picking up quite a lot of their records, mainly as a result of me being a Revelation Records collector. My spreadsheet tells me that I now own 61 YOT records, ranking them 4th in terms of the bands that I own most records by. No doubt they will eventually climb to the number 3 position as these things are likely to keep being pressed. Anyway, here are the latest YOT records I have added to my shelf, most of which came out last year and which I only recently received.

First up is the olive green pressing of the 'Can't Close My Eyes' 12". It doesn't look particularly green in this photo because it's a super dark shade. There were about 500 copies of this last year.

Next up are two different pressings of 'Break Down The Walls'. This solid blue pressing is from the back end of 2020.

And the most recent BDTW pressing is this clear yellow vinyl from this year. There were around 1600 of these, which feels like quite a lot. These should be around for quite a while I would imagine.

And finally, the yellow vinyl pressing of the 'Disengage' 7". There were around 500 of these, and it turns out that they were actually pressed about 20 miles away from my house.

The really annoying thing about this is that there was one Youth Of Today pressing that I completely missed - the solid red vinyl pressing of 'We're Not In This Alone' from 2015. Even though a lot of Rev represses are pretty much worthless, this one just doesn't seem to show up for sale too often. If anyone has one (or has a lead on one), please get in touch.

No comments: