Thursday 12 May 2022

To Whatever Fateful End

Here's another record I picked up at Rev after deciding that I should buy more new releases. The record is called 'To Whatever Fateful End' and it's by a band from North Carolina called Magnitude. This is a record that has been hiding in plain sight for three years or so now. I remember reading about it on Mike's blog on not 1, not 2 but 3 occassions and each time I thought the exact same thing - that this does indeed sound like something I may like, but it's on Triple B so I have no interest in buying it. Well, finally I crumbled and picked up this 4th pressing clear yellow copy.

As I mentioned a few posts back, as well as deciding to buy more new releases, I also decided to be less fussy about which version I pick up. So even though this is a 4th pressing, I am more than happy with this one, as it's a nice basic colour vinyl. None of this weird swirly splattery stuff, thank you very much.

After listening to this a bunch of times I can kinda see what the fuss is about. This is a blend of several 90s hardcore bands all rolled into one, without sounding like any one of them in particular. And you know that I'm a big fan of 90s hardcore. It's my era and I get nostalgic for it as it was a pivotal and exciting time of life. So it's great to find a record that makes me feel kinda nostalgic yet that is somehow not a 25 year old record that I know note for note.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a fan of BBB? What happened...just curious?

mcs said...

I'm just not a fan of their vinyl really. Most records are pressed on splatters and swirls that I don't think look good at all.