Thursday 5 May 2022

All This Time 2

At the back end of last year I picked up a test press for the Freewill 'All This Time' LP. This was the second full length from the band, with the previous one having been recorded way back in 1988. I'd been familiar with the original LP for quite a few years, and was initially disappointed by last year's follow up as it sounded like a completely different band. But actually I grew to love the second album and played it a lot. Even though I was lucky enough to get a test press, I also wanted to get a regular copy of the record, because I don't like owning just a test press. There were several versions made, and I came to the conclusion that I didn't really care which one I got, so I just bought a copy from RevHQ, which turned out to be this purple vinyl version.

I really, really like this LP and I think that if there were only 2 or 3 versions I'd be tempted to chase them all. But with there being about 8 I can't even consider it.

Whilst I was poking about at Rev I also took the opportunity to pick up the second press green vinyl version of the band's demo that was put out by Mankind Records. The second press came out last year, somehow five years after the first press. Well given I had the previous versions I decided that I also needed the green one in my life to keep the collection complete.

And because I have a bit of time on my hands at the moment, I decided to take a picture of said collection.

No comments: