Tuesday 3 May 2022

I Wish I

Sometimes I wish I could resist buying the same records over and over. My bank balance would be higher and there would be less stuff in my house. But the problem is, when records you love get pressed on new colours of vinyl or in new packaging, you can't help but want to buy them because... well, because they're new and exciting. But the way things are these days, it seems smarter to buy them anyway, because if you don't and decide you want one later, the only option will be to pay a stupid price from a fool on discogs.

Anyway, I love the Embrace LP and always have, and couldn't resist picking up the latest green vinyl pressing.

I also got sucked into the latest blue vinyl pressing of the Minor Threat 12", simply because it's on a different colour blue than the previous pressing.

This pressing is on a dark, slightly clear blue vinyl, whereas the previous one was a baby blue marble. Side by side they are obviously very different colours.

As stupid as it is, I love stuff like this... although I think it'd be cooler if they changed the colour scheme to a red cover with red vinyl, and / or yellow cover with yellow vinyl. I'm sure they will come in the fullness of time, but I wouldn't bet against another blue version coming first. We shall see I guess.

2 comments:

Nico said...

The embrace LP does it have the $11 or no $ sleeve? You are missing the light blue MT too. ;)

mcs said...

There's no $ price on the sleeve on this one. I see my red vinyl copy from 2009 has $11 postpaid on it, so I'm assuming that maybe they had some old covers left over and used a few, but onthe latest pressing / prinint they probably realised best to just take it off because that price is out of date. I'm guessing of course.

And yes, I know there is another shade of blue. Would like one, but feels too difficult to find as nobody would really know which one they had unless they had another to compare to.