Saturday 7 May 2022

Trouble Is

Dag Nasty is one of those bands that I felt that I didn't really every set out to collect, but over the years opportunities to pick up their records have fallen in front of me, and I have taken them. So I have ended up with a pretty good collection just from taking advantage of opportunities over time. But despite having some pretty rare records, I am still missing some of their more common ones. I mean, here I am in 2022 and only now picking up a copy of the 'Trouble Is' 12".

I picked this up from someone who had been selling a few copies. Turns out he had a box of them. He only wanted $10 for one, which I figured was a good price for a new, unplayed copy. The only slight issue is that this is one of the copies without the sticker on the plastic sleeve. I would have preferred one with the sticker ideally. But the good thing about there not being a sticker, however, was that it was an easy decision to throw the plastic sleeve in the bin. Those pvc sleeves (the ones used for picture discs) are not good at all for records, as over time they stick to the record and end up ruining them.

I love the amount of dead was on this record. There's more vinyl here without music on it than with. Surely this could have been released as a 7" rather than a 12"?

I used to own one of these 12"s years ago but sold it because I didn't like it. As Dag Nasty records go, this is pretty far from the best, but in my older years it's a lot more acceptable than it was to a 20 year old me.

1 comment:

Nico said...

I have a 7" with 10 and 15 seconds on each side. Also the Dinosaur Jr single with 39 seconds on a single sided 7" comes to mind.