Saturday 21 May 2022

Down By Law

One of my absolute favourite bands of all time on Epitaph Records is Down By Law. I played the first three albums to death back in 1993/4, and as a result I can still to this day sing pretty much every word to each of those records. But the one thing that always disappointed me back then was the lack of colour vinyl on Epitaph. They literally pressed nothing on colour vinyl at all, just tens of thousands of black vinyl. So after all these years, I was stoked to be able to pick up this test press for their second full length, 'Blue'.

Epitaph tests are pretty rare generally, and pretty expensive if they do ever come up for sale, probably because most of their bands are hugely popular. This one wasn't actually too pricey, and I didn't have to pause for even a second before pulling the trigger. Getting the opportunity to own a test press of a Down By Law record was something that I hoped I would get for a long time now.

This test just comes in a plain white paper sleeve, but the next photo is just to show it next to the regular cover.

As much as I love the first 4 Down By Law records, I have pretty much zero desire to listen to anything after those. I tried the fifth one once and didn't like it. And then it turns out that that there have been several more over the years, including one in 2021. Crazy. Who knew?

No comments: