Sunday 17 July 2022

Sick Of Sick Of It All

Some records just keep on coming. They sell out, get pressed on another colour, sell out, get pressed on another colour... and on and on. Some people are sick of it and have thrown in the towel. Whereas people like me are still enjoying it and stupidly handing over our money at every opportunity. So here are the last two versions of the Sick Of It All debut release that I just acquired.

The clear green vinyl was pressed last year in 2021. There were 550 copies of this one.

Once the green one sold out comes the latest pressing which is on vioet vinyl. I have no idea how many of these exist. But I'm pretty sure that they will eventually sell out and then it's anyone guess as to what colour will come next.

As well as these two 'new' colours, I also went backwards and picked up another version of an 'old' pressing of this record. It was back in 2016 that the gold vinyl pressing for Conne Island's 25th aniversary. It was super sought after when it came out, but what made it kinda lame was that there were 5 different 'versions' (and I use that word in the loosest sense of the word), each denoted via a stamp on the inner paper sleeve. There were 100 each with batman, robin & catwoman stamps, and then the final 30 copies had no stamp at all. It was one of these unstamped copies that I got hold of - number 325/330.

I actually have zero intention of tring to collect the different stamped versions of this record, but I figured an unstamped one was a nice one to have because it is the rarest. Oh yeah, and because it looks the best. The stamps are pretty lame in my opinion.

I think this now takes the SOIA 7" to the top of the list of records that I have most copies of. But no doubt this game isn't finished yet.

No comments: