Monday 11 July 2022

In The Bag

Back in 2020 one of my favourite UK bands of all time had their full length released on vinyl for the first time. I picked up the two different colours that were pressed and I was very happy. 'Burning Bushes And Burning Bridges' by Understand is such a great record and one that was pretty damn important for me, and it was nice to finally own it on vinyl twenty fiver years after it was first released. The vinyl was a pretty limited pressing of 300 copies total, but at some point in the last few months they pressed another 100 copies on clear vinyl, and I felt compelled to buy one.

Since my last post on this there was some terrible news from this band. Guitarist John Hannon sadly passed away last year unexpectedly. I used to see him every now and again at shows in London, and the last time I saw him was at Soulside a couple of years back. Very sad he has gone so soon. But my memories of him will live on through Understand's music, which I will probably continue to play for the rest of my days, as I have done the past 30 years or so.

No comments: