Thursday 28 July 2022

Forgive/Forget

I'd never heard of the band Forgive/Forget until last year. In fact, I doubt that many people had. The band existed for a brief period of time back in 1998, recorded some songs that were never released, and disbanded. I guess nobody would have known about this if it weren't for a small label, GGT Records, having put the songs out on a 7" last year.

The band was made of 3 dudes from some pretty big bands; Sammy Siegler (who was in Rival Schools at the time), Brian Mcternan (who I think was in Battery and also Miltown at that time) and a guy named Josh English (who was in a band called Six Going On Seven). I think I read that the band never really went anywhere because the members were busy with their other bands. But fortunately they did find time to record some songs which have survived, and a couple of years ago someone dusted them off and put them up digitally somewhere... and then it was decided to put them out on a proper format. There were 500 copies made in total on three different colours of vinyl, and of course I got sucked into buying all three.

This colour here is, as far as I can work out, the one that is referred to as 'blue/white mix' and is out of 150 copies.

The other colours are clear blue (200) and red (150). They all come in the same sleeve.

The label also sold some test pressings, but they were long gone before I had even heard of this record sadly.

If anything, this record reminds me of the band Six Going On Seven, but I guess that's because the two bands have the same vocalist, and he has a pretty distinct voice. Fortunately I am a big fan of that band. But I can see how the vocal may put other people off a little, as it sounds more towards the 'emo' spectrum than 'hardcore'. Still, a nice little 7" if you like this kind of thing. I just wish there were more as these three songs roll by pretty quickly..

1 comment:

Mike said...

At times this really reminds me of Gameface. Might have to pick up a copy of this.