Tuesday 5 July 2022

Finish What You Started

Catching up on some of the recent-ish Revelation represses that I bought last year and have only just received. Not much to say abuot these, but they were essential for me to keep the collection as complete as possible. And who can turn down the chance to buy more colour vinyl Gorilla Biscuits records?

The 7" on blue with regular labels. Let's not forget there was a blue vinyl pressing that came in the 30th anniversay box set, but it had a large hole and different labels and kinda felt like a weird imitation. This one looks like an actual record so gets a pass. Plus it was pressed in the UK about 20 miles from my house.

Next I managed to get my hands on another copy of the Conne Island pressing of the 7". The pressing info for this record mentioned that some copies had an extra insert, so I was happy to find one. It's shown in the bottom left of the following photo, and is a CD sized booklet.

I also got both of the last pressings of 'Start Today' both from last year. First upis the red vinyl pressing, which caused a bit of a commotion when it was first announced last year because a lot of us are old enough to remember the 'final press' on red vinyl from 2001, and it seemed crazy that Rev would press it again on the same colour.

This time around, however, the red vinyl was opaque red rather than clear, so it is still possible to differentiate between the two pressings. As well as the vinyl itself, the labels kinda give it away. The 2001 pressing has much darker green and red on the labels, whereas the colours are much lighter shades on this more recent pressing.

And finally, the yellow vinyl pressing. There were about 3000 of these made, which feels like loads, but you just know it will sell out and then be impossible to find. And then no doubt a green vinyl version will follow not long after.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I don't chase REV reissues anymore, but damn, those colored versions of Start Today look great. Makes me want to get back on that train!

Willem RWHAF said...

Yes, I think that yellow is just perfect. That’s why I bought one. 3000 is a lot, was looking for the amount made.