Saturday 23 July 2022

More Innocent Lovers

I've posted many times about the band 27, and I've had a longstanding obsession with them. I once released the vinyl version of one of their albums... but that's a different story. Anyway, they had a 7" reelased by Mind Over Matter Records in 2018, and there were quite a few different colour versions made. I picked up a couple when it came out and added another a year or so later on a trip to the States when I met up with one of the members of the band. And now I have managed to add two more copies to the collection. The first is the test press, which comes in a beatiful sleeve that it unique to the test press:

Back when this came out in 2018, there was a limited version which was just for people who joined some kind of subscription thing, which gave them access to limited pressings of the label's releases. There was a subscription version of this 7" which came with an obi strip and which was numbered out of only 56 copies. I didn't subscribe so couldn't get one until someone listed one for sale on discogs, which dor one was not $100 like pretty much everything else for sale on there.

This now brings my collection to 5 copies, which I figure is the most I can reasonably expect to own. They look kinda good together.

There are another 5 different colours aside from these shown here, but there is only one that I may have a chance at. There are two colours for which there is only one copy of each, a clear red vinyl for which only 3 copies exist, another colour out of 8 copies, and one which is out of 18 copies. I may potentially have a chance at the last one, but the other 4 are no chance. So this collection probably ends right here.

No comments: