Tuesday 12 July 2022

Coolside

ANother Indecision Records release that I picked up a couple of months ago and am only just getting around to is the 'Exploration Of Self' 7" by Coolside. This was released in 2019, and at the time I remember reading a couple of reviews that made it sound interesting, but I never got around to grabbing a copy. The band hails from Southern California, and as far as I can tell probably are not still going... but who really knows that these days? Anyway, this 7" is a great little hardcore record. The vocal reminds me a little of Count Me Out, but musically it's different. I don't know, I can't describe this. But it's prety damn good.

All copies are on this cool clear blue vinyl. I was also lucky to be able to get a test press for a really great price, and nice to see it has the Rainbo labels, which are probably my favourite of all the pressing plant labels.

As mentioned at the start of this post, I'm not sure that this band is still going. If I had to bet I'd say no based on the lack of activity on their facebook page (which seems to be all they have). They also have a first 7" which in theory exists, although barely anyone on discogs has one and there are no pics I can find on instagram or anywhere else. I'd love to get one at some point, but it seems much rarer than it should be, which makes me want one more.

No comments: