Sunday 24 July 2022

Only The Diehard Remain

Last year there were a lot of Revelation represses that I couldn't say no to, one of which was a green vinyl pressing of the Battery 'For The Rejected By The Rejected' 12". I picked it up figuring that I didn't want to miss out, and to keep the Rev collection as complete as possible.

So the funny thing is that after I grabbed this I realised that I never actually got around to picking up any of the other colour vinyl versions of this record. It came out a year or so after I made the decision to quit buying so many Rev represses. But I've always been a fan of Battery and I had two different black vinyl copies of this one, so it makes no sense that I held off on buying a colour copy. I did actually try to buy a blue vinyl copy back in 2017 from the band when i saw them play, but the records got packed away at the end of the night and I missed the opportunity. Well anyway, I decided to pick up the other three colour vinyl copies that I had missed - white, orange and blue.

It seems nuts that this came out 5 years ago. I guess a lot happened since then, not least of all Battery not playing because Brian formed a new band, Be Well, who could teach Battery a thing or two about putting out multiple copies of records.

No comments: