Friday 22 July 2022

Kid Dynamite

Squirrel Bait is one of those bands that I remember about every couple of years, listen to their records a lot for a couple of weeks, then move on and forget about them again. If you're unfamiliar with them, there isn't actually much to know. The band was from Louisville, Kentucky and was active from 1983 to 1987 and played a great melodic sound that, to me, is not far from Dag Nasty or Hüsker Dü. They only released a couple of records, one of which I bought around the turn of the century and the other I picked up in 2014. And now I finally managed to pick up the other colour vinyl version of the 'Skag Heaven' LP.

This was released by Homestead Records in 1986, and there were two colour vinyl versions (red and green) and, as is the case with a lot of older records, no pressing info is really known. WHich was a good excuse to get them both. I mean, I didn't want to chance not owning the rarer one. You know how it is.

No comments: