Tuesday 25 June 2024

Speak Out Repress

So it seems that Revelation are now repressing some of their classic releases that have been out of print for a number of years. Bold's 'Speak Out' LP was last pressed on vinyl way back in 2001 and at the time advertised as the 'final press'. A few short years later and Bold's entire output was put back onto vinyl in the form of a 2xLP discography. And then pretty much without warning, last year, 'Speak Out' was repressed as a single LP in a gatefold sleeve just like when it first came out in 1988. The main difference is that this time around it has been put onto colour vinyl. So of course, I was in.

When I heard this was coming, I was initially concerned that it was going to be pressed on crappy vinyl. However, this has been pressed at a decent plant, and the records look great. Opaque Orange is the most common colour, being out of a whopping 1,500 copies, but it looks nice.

And of course, with how things are with records in this day and age, there are other colours and I was obliged to pick them all up.

Pictured above are clear (300), 'orange & white marble' (which, let's be honest, is yellow and orange) (450) and blue (600). In theory the blue should be the best match to the artwork, but its a kind of dull blue colour and in my view doesn't really look good at all. As is often the case, the clear looks by far the best.

Out of curiosity I checked my spreadsheet and I now seem to own 14 copies of this record, with many of those being added in the last couple of years. I think I am probably only about one record away from a complete collectin of this one, so hopefully I can get across the line and grab one of those. Because, you know how it is when 14 copies of the same record aren't quite enough.

There are a couple more 'classic' Rev represses that I also finally caught up on, so I'm gonna try to put them up here in the next few days. Then I can move on to some more interesting stuff.

No comments: