Saturday 29 June 2024

There Is A Difference

I imagine that most people wouldn't care about this post because it touches on later Revelation represses, which a lot of Rev collectors gave up on years ago. But I love stuff like this.

'The One Thing That Still Holds True' came out in 1996 and, at the time, there were circa 3,000 copies on black vinyl and roughly 300 copies on limited green vinyl. It stayed this way until the 2001 'final' press on grey vinyl. Then nothing for a long time. But in 2012 it was pressed on white vinyl and then clear vinyl, and then in 2013 it was pressed on blue vinyl and then green marble vinyl. It definitely felt like there were too many colours, although i have to say that I did love the green marble. Then in 2016 it was pressed again on green marble vinyl, so I ignored it. But due to the way that these colours are made, the 2016 version came out a slightly different colour. So I kinda wished I had bought one. And finally I have managed to obtain one.

To me, this looks like a very 'military' shade of green. It's verging on camo. Thankfully it's not actual camo else you would not be able to see it.

One of the reasons that this took so long to track down after I initially ignored it is that not many people out there would know or undrstand the difference between the different green marble pressings. After this 2016 pressing, there was another one in 2019 which also looked different, as it was a much lighter shade of green. I did pick up one of those at the time, so finally I have all three pressings.

SHown above (from left to right) are the 2013 version, the 2016 pressing and the 2019 pressing.

2 comments:

Willem Termote said...

Hi Marcus, despite everything a great entry. Looks like I have it right with the pressing information of my copy. As I have the darkest and bought it in 2013. Thanks for the informative explanation.

itallcomesdowntothis said...

Love that camouflage joke, haha.