Friday 21 June 2024

Hang Up Your Boots

Part 5 in my series of posts of stuff I picked up from a friend who was selling his collection last year, and I was pretty keen to finally get the remaining copies of the Right Brigade / A Poor Excuse split 7" that I was missing. This is one of those records that I never really set out to collect, but over the years I ended up picking up copies as they fell in front of me, to the point where I had 6 copies. So I figured I may as well buy three more...

First up is the test press. This is numbered out of 25 copies. According to the B9 discography there were 3 test presses that came without a cover too, but even though those are technically rarer, I'm happy to have one of the copies with cover.

Next is the Oron Cross cover, numbered out of 69 copies. It was originally made so that the band had copies to sell when they played with a reformed version of the Cro Mags back in the year 2000. My god, the year 2000 seems so long ago now.

And finally, the clear yellow vinyl, which is the common colour from the 2nd press being out of a whopping 750 copies.

This now means that I have a (nearly) complete collection of this record. So of course I had to get them all out and lay them down for a quick snap before they get banished to a box forever.

Technically I am one record short of a complete collection here because there is a black vinyl copy in a regular sleeve, but I never collect those. Yet after just checking the pressing info, I am half tempted to go after one, as it is actually rarer than pretty much all of the colour copies, due to the number of limited covers that the black vinyl copies got sold with.

1 comment:

Hop said...

I started selling off all my copies last year - still have the standard black one if you want