Monday 3 June 2024

A Glimpse Of A Test

I've been a fan of Dinosaur Jr. for so many years now that it's kinda crazy tot think about. I first heard them on a skateboard video ('Speed Freaks') circa 1990 and I have never tired of them. The band broke up for a few years and then reformed and have been going strong since 2007 or so, and in that time have cranked out some great records. 'Give A Glimpse Of What You're Not' was their 11th studio LP and came out in 2016, and looking back on here, I loved it at the time. Last year the label sold a few copies of the test press for this LP on eBay, and I managed to get one of them, which I was very happy about.

The test came in a plain white disco sleeve. As is tradition, I also took a photo of it with the regular record sleeve as it helps give better context.

I don't actually think of myself as a big Dinosaur Jr fan, but I do have a pretty damn good collection of their records. I have a few test presses, but mainly the earlier releases, so I was particularly happy to get this and enter the world of later Dinosaur Jr tests.

No comments: