Monday 24 June 2024

Money

There are some records that I seem compelled to buy again and again. Most of these are Revelation releases, but there are a couple of Dischord releases that will drive me to hit that 'order now' button every single time. The Embrace LP is definitely one of these records. The latest pressing is on gold vinyl. This is the 'old skool' version of 'gold' vinyl, which is basically clear orange, as opposed to the more modern 'gold' vinyl which actually does look gold (and also shit).

I bought my original first press copy back in probably 1994, and this copy was all I needed until 2009 when Dischord starting toying with colour vinyl and repressed it on red. I then felt that I needed the green copy that followed 13 years later in 2022. And now, only two years on, we have gold.

Without a doubt I would expect to see more colours of this one pressed, in time, and I will be there buying them like an absolute sucker. Do not consider yourself free.

No comments: