Tuesday 4 June 2024

Babes In Toyland

As I mentioned previously, the old Sub Pop Singles Club used to be put out 7"s by bigger, more established bands from other labels, and I have always been more interested in many of those. Today's post is another that I have kinda wanted for a long time, and finally got around to paying for.

The Babes In Toyland 7" was released in June 1990 as Sub Pop 66. There were 3,500 copies made, with 2,000 being on gold vinyl and the rest on black. Sure, the black is rarer, but who cares?

I never realy knew much about Babes In Toyland, although in my mind they sit alongside early 90s bands like L7 and Hole. They formed in 1987 in Minneapolis and after a couple of independent releases they ended up on a major label in the early 90s. I always had them pegged as an 'alternative' band, and I used to see their records in the bigger chain stores of the 90s, hence assuming they were pretty popular. Looking back now, I'm not overly convinced they were ever really that popular. But these two songs are great. I am definitely interested in hearing more all these years later.

No comments: