Tuesday 7 March 2023

Unnumbered Green

Back in 2020 I picked up a bunch of 7"s by Constant Elevation, which is a band featuring Sammy from youth crew bands and the singer of The Movielife. It was ok back then but I haven't really listened to it much since. Anyway, there were 3 different colours of vinyl and the most common one is still available as I type this, so I think it's fair to say that this one has not been overly well received by the masses. Regardless, the rarest colour was green vinyl which was exclusive to Coretex, and numbered out of 150 copies, although the Rev pressing info states that there were 165 on green... meaning that 15 copies were not sold by Coretex and do not have the Coretex sticker slapped onto the back cover. I managed to acquire one of the unnumbered copies, which isn't overly exciting to look at. But it's a cool one to have.

I got the numbered copy out to take a photo of the two together, and it was then obvious that they are different shades of green.

I'm not sure whether the majority of these green records are more like the lighter green one or the darker green one. But I guess it doesn't matter. I think it's just kinda cool that as well as the numbered and unnumbered copies I lucked out on different shades too, as I'm really into this level of nerdery.

No comments: