Thursday 16 March 2023

Wasted Time

Last year I checked out the debut LP by Beach Rats, and it would be fair to say that I loved it. Featuring Brian Baker from Minor Threat / Dag Nasty / Bad Religion, the singer of Lifetime and a coupe of dudes from Bouncing Souls, the record was a great catchy punk LP that made me feel stupid for completly ignoring their debut 7" when it came out. So I went back to fix that problem.

'Wasted Time' is a 5 song 7" that was released by Bridge Nine Records in 2018. I initially dismissed it based on the cover art. To me it just looks like a bad tattoo. The back isn't much better either. It doesn't exactly entice someone to want to check it out I would say.

The first pressing of this 7" was on two different colours of vinyl - brown / 700 (above), and red /300 (below). I managed to find both for less than they usually sell for. I wasn't really looking to buy more than one of these, but I bought the brown one and then not long after stumbled across a red one. I guess that's how it happens sometimes.

In a way I am glad I only got around to checking this out after I picked up the LP. I can't imagine hwo long the wait for more songs would have seemed if I'd have picked this up when it came out. This is so catchy... and over so quickly. I just hope that it's not another 4 years before they serve up something else.

No comments: