Saturday 4 March 2023

Time After Time

My love for the band Gameface has been well documented on here over the years. My spreadsheet tells me that I have 53 Gameface records, and they are one of only a small handful of bands that I have tried to collect everything for. A few short years ago I traded away one of two test pressings that I owned for their second LP 'Three To Get Ready'. It was released by Dr. Strange Records back in 1995 and I initially got a test press from someone at the label via a trade in the late 90s. The second one I bought for cheap on eBay in the mid 2000s. But after ten years or so of owning two, I let one go. Well, a couple of months back I came across another for sale on eBay and ended up buying it.

This one I bought for two reasons. Firstly, because it came with a promo sheet stapled to the paper sleeve, which I had never seen before. I think that technically this is a promo copy rather than a test press... although clearly both are really the same thing - an early pressing of the record with plain white labels.

The second reason I buoght this was because it was too cheap to pass up. $15 buy it now in this day and age is an absolute steal. So here I am back to two copies of this test press again... although I'd probably consider trading one away (again) if someone was keen.

1 comment:

Ralf said...

I was kinda hoping for a Cyndi Lauper related post.