Friday 31 March 2023

Time Will Tell

Last year I picked up some Lockin' Out 7"s, including one by a band called Big Contest. It was released in 2020 and, as ever, I was late to the party. But I then found out that they had previously released an album way back in 2014. The band contains Ned Russin (from Title Fight, Stick Together, Disengage) as well as dudes from other bands (Intent, Free Spirit, Step Forward). So I am going to just assume that the other bands took over and left Big COntext on the backburner. Anyway, I saw the LP for sale for cheap and couldn't resist picking it up. Sometimes I'm just a sucker for lesser known hardcore bands, especially if the record has a black and white cover.

I also like records that borrow ideas in a tribute kinda way, and the layout of the back cover is clearly heavily influenced by the back of 'Screaming For Change'. In case you want to have a look, here's a LINK.

I have no idea how many of these were pressed on clear, but I do know that not all of them were. Black copies seem to be more common.

As I said before when I picked up the 7", this is no frills fast hardcore, and when I'm in the mood for this kind of thing then this record really ticking the box at the mo. And I'm only 9 years late to it, haha. I guess I should pay more attention to other blogs sometimes.

1 comment:

Mike said...

The funny thing is that I probably haven't listened to this record since I made that post. Maybe I should check it out again.