Friday 24 March 2023

Human Outline

As I mentioned in my last post, when I picked up the Koro 7" repress from Static Shock Records I looked around the store to see if there was anything else interesting to buy and ended up buying a couple of really great new releases. The second is the new full length from a band called Wound Man called 'Human Outline'. I hadn't actually heard of this band before, but it seems that they have been going for ten years, with their last album coming out back in 2016. Part of the reason I am surprised that I hadn't heard of this band before is that it features DFJ on drums from every band of the past twenty years or so, and I have a lot of records by bands he has been in. So how this band passed me by for a decade I have no idea.

This record (like the Brain Tourniquet LP in my last post) is on Iron gLung Records. The white vinyl is out of 150 copies, which seems like the perfect colour given the artwork.

This record is also quite similar to the Brain Tourniquet LP in that it's very much in the Infest / Crossed Out kinda ballpark, and I'm absolutely loving this right now. I genuinely can't decide which of the two records is my favourite, but I'm having fun listening to each one every day to try to figure it out. 2023 has started pretty strong for hardcore it seems, and there are more new releases on the way that I'm stoked for. Bring it.

No comments: