Friday 3 March 2023

Still Strong

I was given this record a few weeks ago by a friend I've known for most of my life. We grew up together skateboarding and got into a lot of music together way back when we were young. We'd both get into bands and then recommend them to each other. Probably around 1994 I gave him this Bold LP. It would have been one of the first ten Rev records I owned, and was just a bog standard early 90s pressing in a non gatefold sleeve. I bought this in a record shop and then at some point not long after acquired a first press gatefold sleeve copy, so this one was spare. So I gave it to my friend.

So now somewhere around 29 years later and it has come back to me. I'm not a big collector of black vinyl 'regular' pressings, and certainly have no intention of collecting the black versions of every Rev release. But I figured I would keep this one as it used to be mine. And also because I think this one is the pressing that comes from the green vinyl test press that I own.

No comments: