Thursday 9 March 2023

Jade Dust

Sometimes I am relatively up to date, and recently I have been really enjoying the band Jade Dust. The band ceom from Portland, Oregon but sound more like they came from Washington DC circa 1985. Bringing to mind bands like Rites of Spring, Gray Matter, One Last Wish, Embrace, Rain, 3, and also slightly Give. This is some great DC emo sounding stuff that genuinely gets better with each play. I picked up their debt release, the self titled 6 song 12" EP.

There were 100 copies on blue vinyl, and 200 on 'random' colour vinyl. I got one of the ramdom copies, which is on this bright yellow colour.

Somehow I then got confused. A couple of weeks later I went to order the second 12" EP, but accidentally ordered another copy of the first 12". The second copy was also one of the ramdom coloured pressing, but this time on orange.

So of course, when this arrived and I realised my mistake, I then ordered a copy of the second 12", 'Wild Geese'. This one was also pressed on random coloured vinyl, and the copy I received is a nice mish mash of several colours, which I think looks great.

I think it's great that there is a band playing this sound in 2023 and I can't stress enough how good this is. If you're into this sound at all then this band is definitely something you will enjoy.

If anyone wants to buy or trade one of the copies of the first 12" that I have then please get in touch. I'd be happy to let one go, although not sure which one yet.

No comments: