Tuesday 28 February 2023

Unified Action

Today's post is a 12" EP by a newish UK hardcore band. Unified Action features my old mate Lins on vocals who has been around for longer than the moon and who has been in a couple of great bands in the past (Tied Down amd Break It Up). I'm not exactly sure when and why Tied Doen ended, but Unified Action carries on in a similar vein, playing stuff that sounds like it came out of the States in the mid 80s.

The debut release comes on a 12" and there were only 250 copies made (100 on clear and 150 on black). Even if clear were the more common colour I'd probably have ordered that one because that's how I roll.

I really like it when records come in black and white covers. I just identify this with old school hardcore punk records. I mean, how many other types of music come in black and white covers? Anyway, these records are all stamped out of 250 copies. Presumably the clear ones are numbers 1-100 and the black numbers 101-250. I'm guessing but it makes sense. The number I got sent was one away from being my number.

In total this thing has 9 songs that clock in at around 11 minutes, and that gives a big clue as to what this sounds like. Fast, angry hardcore from the frozen northern wastelands of a decaying shithole of a country, trying to warn us all about the impending doom we are all facing. If that sounds like your cup of tea then there are still a few copies available from the label, HERE.

No comments: