Monday 30 January 2023

I Might Be Back

This is the final post in my series of records I bought at Wanna Hear It Records in early December last year. Once I'd finished choosing some stuff to buy from the racks, I took the pile to the counter and waited for the lady behind the counter to total things up. And then I noticed another box of 7"s sat on the counter. This was full of slightly more expensive records, and with a couple of minutes to kill, I figured I would have a quick look. And well, I found a record in there that I had been hoping to find for probably ten years. Maybe fifteen.

This is a repress of Unbroken 'You Won't Be Back' 7" on New Age Records on pink vinyl. I don't know exactly when this was pressed, although it was probably somewhere in the 2005-07 sorta era. Anyone know for sure? What I do know for sure is that this pressing came many years after this 7" originally released. I'm also not really sure what the pressing info on this was, but I think that it's a story similar to the Bold 7", whereby the record was supposed to be pressed on orange vinyl, but some copies came back pink.

I don't actually know when this was pressed, but I'm assuming what I have said is probably true simply because there are lots of orange copies, yet the pink seems relatively scarce. I mean, it's taken my close to 15 years to find one of these, so you know it isn't exactly common. Sadly there is no official information anywhere, so we will probably never know.= how many exist. But I was really happy to find one lurking in this store.

Well anyway, that's the end of my series of posts from my shopping trip at Wanna Hear It Records frommy last US trip. Overall I would say that if you get the chance to visit the shop you definitely should. It was definitely one of the best I have ever been to. It had a good mix of new releases and used records, and the prices were sensible. It was a really fun trip, and I hope you've enjoyed seeing the crap I spent my money on in there. Hopefully one day I will visit again.

1 comment:

geoff said...

now i want to take a road trip north to this store. those are some quality records you got from there, but this pink one really impressive.