Friday 20 January 2023

Silver Ink

Post number 5 in my series of records I picked up at Wanna Hear It Records towards the end of last year, and this is one that I wasn't 100% sure whether I needed or not. Good job I had a good phone reception and could look up what I had on my spreadsheet.

Sinking Ships 'Ten' 7" on red vinyl in 'Sound & Fury' (record release) cover. As should be obvious from the pic, these were just regular copies of the record that the band had which they bastardised into special covers by the use of a silver pen.

The reason that I wasn't sure if I had this one or not is that there were two versions which were subtley different, and I knew I only had one. I guess I got lucky that day, because the one in the shop was the one I was missing. To show the differnce clearly, I pulled out both and laid them both side by side.

In total there were 100 copies in these record release sleeves. They were originally sold at Sound And Fury fest, which took place from July 26th-29th, 2007. There are 2 different versions - numbers 1-50 are on red vinyl with sleeve hand writing in silver ink, and numbers 51-100 are on pink vinyl with sleeve hand writing in gold ink.

To make things even more confusing, there is also a euro tour version which is made in the same way, with 'European Tour' hand written across the front. They are also on red vinyl and numbered out of 65 copies. I always used to get confused by these different sleeves and vinyl covers, but hopefully I have now (finally) got them all and figured out what the deal is. And to think, it only took 15 years.

1 comment:

Ralf said...

Cool pick up. Both colours work really well with the cover.