Tuesday 3 January 2023

Actions And Indications

A few years ago I tried to reduce my spending by deciding to stop buying reissues and represses (except for Revelation releases, which is the one habit I can't break). Anyway, given that lots of my favourite records are now 20-30 years old and collecting records is possibly more popular than ever, it feels that pretty much every record I own either has been repressed, is being repressed, or has been repressed and is being repressed again. Here's the latest one that I just couldn't say no to.

'Actions And Indications' is the 4th full length by Seaweed. This was originally released back in 1999, although back then it took me about 4 years to even realise that it existed. It is the last recorded Seaweed full length, and if I had to rank their albums then I would probably put this one as the fourth best out of four. But bearing in mind that Seaweed are one of my favourite bands of all time, I'd still say that it is better than most other bands' total recorded output.

Fun fact - Alan Cage (Burn, Quicksand) plays drums on this record, giving it a nice hardcore connection.

The repress is exclusive to some record store in Minnesota and I have no idea why. There were 300 made and it is on 'reddish yellow swirl' vinyl. That's what the sticker on the shrinkwrap says. Except clearly this record is orange. It seems to me that there was a law passed a couple of years ago which states that it's no longer legal to describe a vinyl colour using only one word, which is probably why 'orange' was off the table. Other options for colours to press this on could have included the ever popular 'coke bottle clear', 'seafoam green' or maybe even 'dipshit brown'.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Clearly this color is creamsicle.