Sunday 29 January 2023

Are you Listening?

My tenth post of the stuff I picked up at Wanna Hear It Records in early December, and this record is one that I have had in my collection for many years without knowing anything about.

Collapse Records released the self titled 12" EP by Forced Forward back in 2006. I'm not 100% sure when I picked this up, but I think I may have ordered it when I ordered the Robot Whales LP from the same label. In all those years I have never known anything about the band Forced Forward, and digging around the internet has also failed to yield any results. The most I can muster is that (I think) they were from Washington DC. That's all.

This 12" record contains 5 songs, and the CD version had 3 extra songs from the band's demo. All I can say is that this is a really good record, but for whatever reason it has been forgotten over time, to the point where you can now pick it up for pretty much nothing. I grabbed this blue vinyl copy just because it was there and it was cheap.

One really nice touch about this record is that the cover is reversible. It has two different covers, one printed on the reverse of the other. The pink vinyl copy I have uses the other side as the front cover. I took a picture of the two copies side by side to show what I am rattling on about:

If you have never heard this band then all I can do is recommend giving them a chance. If you don't like it that's fine, but if you do then you can buy a copy of this one for yourself for less than a new 7".

1 comment:

geoff said...

i gotta say it, those vinly colors match perfectly to the covers. haha