Sunday 15 January 2023

Crossed Off Twelve Times

Here's another one I picked up in Wanna Hear It Records from the used 7" section...

There were a couple of different copies of the Let Down 'Crossed Off' 7", and at first I assumed that I had both given I have a lot of copies. But looking at them closer and I was sure that there was one I didn't have. Something about it looked unfamiliar. The price was really good so I decided to buy it anyway, and if it turned out I already had it then I'd just give it to someone. But when I got home I realised that I was right and I didn't have it as initially suspected.

There were so many different versions of this record that it's pretty much impossible to keep up. But this one comes with a red number stamped in the corner of the paper sleeve. This is number 7, but I asked around and I can't find anyone who knows how many exist that this is number 7 of.

The reason I thought that I didn't have this one is that the eyes on the face on the front cover looked different. The eyes are coloured in silver. There's one I already had that looks similar but the eyes are coloured in red, and the record comes on corresponding maroon vinyl. As you can see here, they are extremely different and only an amateur would get confused as to which one they might or might not have.

I genuinely think that this is one of the best looking records ever made. There are several vinyl colours and several different coloured covers and these days they can be pretty cheap to pick up. Every couple of years I seem to find another one which keeps things interesting. I pulled them all out for a photo but couldn't be bothered to take the records out of the sleeves. If anyone has any that I don't have then let me know.

1 comment:

geoff said...

i completely agree about this being one of the best looking records. it turned out so well. a lot of effort went into it and it shows.