Wednesday 25 January 2023

Jungle Jamz

Still getting through the pile of stuff I bought in December at Wanna Hear It Records, and today's post is a couple of records that I was really stoked to find because I had traded for them about 6 years ago and then they went missing as part of my lost parcel.

The 'Jungle Jamz' 7" came out back in 2014. The band were around back in the early 00s and had a song on the 'Sweet Vision' compilation alongside Mental, Righteous Jams, The Wrong Side, Get Real etc. The singer of The First Step played bass in this band too. They released the songs on this 7" on cassette in 2003, and then for some reason someone decided to release it on vinyl eleven years later. I was happy, not least because there were some different colour vinyl versions to collect. After losing the green vinyl years ago I had never really had a chance to pick one up, so when I saw it in a store in front of me, I just had to grab it.

By some fluke, the store also had a test press hidden in a pile behind the counter that hadn't yet been priced. I managed to get them to price it and thought that the price was really reasonable, so immediately bought it. It comes in a paper sleeve with sticker, and the labels are stamped and hand numbered.

I still have a list of all the records that I lost in that parcel back in 2016 and these are two that I am happy to tick off as now having reacquired. The count is now 47 acquired, and 51 to go.

Anyway, here's a photo of my little collection of this 7", which is now complete as far as I am concerned.

Included above are the test press (/10), black vinyl in highlighted sleeve (/25), green vinyl (/100) and yellow vinyl (/150). It's taken a while, but I am pretty happy to finally havea happy ending to this story.

No comments: