Wednesday 18 January 2023

Feels Like One Thousand Years

The next post in my series of records that I bought at Wanna Hear It Records, and this is a record I have wanted for quite some time. Not because it is a great record, but more from a collector point of view. I've had a grey vinyl copy of this for years, and I always kinda wanted a blue one too. So when I came across it in the 7" bin, it went straight into my pile of stuff to buy.

The funny thing about this was that when I pulled it out, I had to double check my collection to be certain that this was the colour I wanted, rather than the one I already had. I told Mike that I was checking if I already had this colour, and he seemed surprised that I would consider buying a secnod copy of a live record. My response was simply 'yeah, but this is a colour I don't have', but even as a fellow collector he seemed puzzled. Ha.

This record is Victory Records number 11, and was originally released in 1993. According to some really old (but official) Victory discography that I have saved on my computer, there were 500 copies on blue and 500 copies on pink marble. However, I have a grey copy. I'm pretty sure that the grey and pink were both the same pressing and the record was (like the first pressing of the Deadguy LP) pressed on 'scrap' vinyl, which usually comes out in the somewhere between grey and purple.

To end this post, this 7" reminded me of something semi interesting. About 4 years ago I received an email out of the blue from a complete stranger and it read as follows:

Hi Marcus. Years ago I was buddies with Ray Barbieri “Raybeez” from Warzone. I’ve always been told that myself, my sister, and a couple of our friends were pictured on one of his 7” covers (inside or back cover) but I’ve never seen it. I would love to locate it. It would have been 1992-1993 ish. Just a crew of skinhead girls...maybe in front af a car or truck? Any help is appreciated:)

I then sent her a photo of the insert of this 7" and she confirmed that she was one of the girls in two of the photos. She seemed pretty happy to see the photos for the first time ever, some 25 years after the photos were taken. It was a rare example of this blog feeling useful for once.

2 comments:

geoff said...

i think its time for a pink vinyl version.

Anonymous said...

I can confirm the pink version is more greenish pink towards purple than pink. I own a copy as well as blue and black. I'm only missing the gray which seems to be the rarest based on how often it is for sale.

- tdc