Saturday 11 February 2023

Don't Forget The Repress

So back in 2016 I had a parcel get lost with a lot of records inside and, as a result, I decided to quit buying Revelation represses. There were a few in the box and after they got lost I couldn't face buying them again. And I stuck to that for a couple of years, until something tempted me back in, and then a couple of years later still I made the decision that I did want to go back and fill the holes that I had left, which meant tracking down 4 different colour copies of 'Don't Forget The Struggle, Don't Forget The Streets'. For some reason I wasn't overly excited about this... and then another colour got pressed. I picked it up and then started to find the older colours. And then another colour got pressed. Damnit. This was a moving target.

I picked up this 'first press' solid red vinyl copy this week in a trade. There were 2,108 copies of this one pressed in 2016. Somehow that is now almost 7 years ago. Crazy.

In a relatively short time I have managed to find 5 of the 6 colours that exist for this Rev pressing. I still need the clear blue vinyl copy and now I'm this deep I will find it eventually. And even though I wasn't really too interested in picking this one up at all, I think that these colour pressings look pretty cool all laid out together.

No comments: