Thursday 26 January 2023

Blue Splits

Here's a couple more 7"s that I picked up at Wanna Hear It Records in early December last year. Today's records are both split 7"s from around the turn of the century, and both on blue vinyl. And both were really cheap.

First up is this Death Threat / Over My Dead Body 7". This was put out by Bridge Nine in 2002, at a time when Bridge Nine and Boston hardcore were absolutely at the top of the game. I loved that period in hardcore as there were some really great bands coming out, and record collecting was back on the up. This 7" is cool because each band does three songs - two original songs, and one cover each. =

This blue vinyl copy is from the 3rd pressing and is out of 1,000 copies. I already had 3 different copies of this one, but all of those were from many years ago. But of course, picking this one up now makes me want the ones I am missing (the clear yellow vinyl and the two different tour covers).

The second record is a split between Holding On and The Real Enemy. I have both Holding On full length records and always liked them, but never really got overly involved with their 7"s, mainly because it always felt that there were too many of them. But seeing this one in the racks with this great Guns 'N' Roses tour cover, I figured this was a really good place to jump on in. I mean, come one... who could resist this?

I love how the Holding On side changes their name to 'Hold N On'. It's details like this that I always enjoy. Clever stuff.

This limited cover is just two pieces of photocopied paper slotted either side of the regular cover. It's also numbered on the inside of the cover, and I got a pretty low number.

As much as I love getting rare stuff like test pressings, I also love really great cheap 7"s like these. Records that are actually really good releases, but that have been kinda forgotten about and are really cheap to pick up. The only problem is that the more I buy of these things, the more of them I want. But I guess that's how I ended up here in the first place, right?

2 comments:

Willem Termote said...

The Guns 'N' Roses seems a popular to be used as template for rip off covers. Also have one for the band Spirit 84 from the Netherlands...

geoff said...

am i the only one who doesnt like guns and roses? if i found this for sale, i think i would pass on it just because of the gnr logo muddying up my collection.