Monday 16 January 2023

Sweet Vision

Next up in my list of records that I picked up from Wanna Hear It Records is this green vinyl copy of the 'Sweet Vision' compilation 7". I genuinely think that this is one of the best compilations of the last twenty years, or possibly THE best comp of the 2000s. It's a great time capsule of what was going on in 2004, when lots of new bands were stepping up and ushering in a new generation of kids to the scene. Righteous Jams, Mental, The Wrong Side, Jaguarz, Get Real... all bands that I still listen to to this day. At first I was apprehensive of some of these bands, but looking back now they were all so good. This comp does make me feel a little nostalgic for those days, when things still felt exciting and dangerous, and when I was still very much included under the banner of 'young'.

I was really stoked by this particular copy of this record because it is a kind of light and dark green swirl. It definitely looks like a one off variant. I also think it looks more special in person. I'm not sure the photo is doing it justice.

I was absolutely convinced that my green vinyl copy of this 7" was on a clear green, which is why I was so stoked to find this copy for sale. But when I got home I realised that my memory had failed me for once, as my other copy is on a solid light green... meaning the one I just bought isn't quite as different as I thought it was.

I also realised that I'm still missing one of the colours of this 7", and I kinda want it now. Of course the ones on discogs are a little more than I want to pay, especially factoring in the postage costs. But I will keep my eyes peeled and hopefully find one at some point. Oh yeah, and a test press would be nice too in case anyone happens to have one and think that they can live without it. Get at me.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I wish that I'd snagged this one before you. I've never owned a copy of this 7 inch.