Thursday 5 January 2023

Seasons Change

One of my favourite 7"s of the last couple of years (not that there are too many to choose from these days with 7"s being much less popular) is that debut release from New York straight edge outfit Locked Inside. A great record with Dan O'Mahony on vocals (not really, but Ed McKirdy sounds just like him here), and even better, there are endless different colours of vinyl to collect. And whenever these things exist, I get sucked into collecting them. I've already lost count of how many copies I own, but recently I picked up another three copies.

My favourite of the three is the clear smoke copy. This is part of the first pressing and there were 47 of these. Notice that the paper sleeve has 'smoke' handwritten on it to clarify that this is not one of the regular clear copies.

I'm pretty sure that what happened is that 100 clear copies were ordered, but nearly half of them came back with some black mixed in. So they got counted as two different versions.

The other two copies I picked up are also from the first pressing. Purple vinyl was out of 54 copies, and blue vinyl was out of 100 copies.

There are still 4 or 5 versions of this record that I don't have, so this will keep me entertained for a while. But I think that the band are due to release a full length at some point this year, so I'm pretty excited about that. I just hope that there won't be 15 different versions of it for me to get sucked into trying to collect.

3 comments:

geoff said...

its impressive how spot on the blue vinyl came out to the blue cover. when that happens i wonder if people press the vinyl first, then color match. more likely just hope for the best and print and press at the same time.

Mike said...

I can't express how jealous I am over this. Your bad influence makes me want to rush out and spend a stupid amount of money for additional copies of this record.

Anonymous said...

The purple looks great to.