Monday 27 May 2024

The Storm 3

Even though Rveelation have been repressing their catalogue like crazy the past ten years or so, this is one that I never thought I would see.

Judge released 'The Storm' 7" in 1990 as a two song 7" and 3 song CD. Of all of the early Rev 7"s, this one always felt like the most pointless to me, containing only 2 songs, one of which was a rerecording of a previously unreleased song. So it was surprising to see that this one got the repress treatment in 2024.

As much as I detest splatter vinyl, the yellow and black splatter version of this one somehow looks ok. I've seen a few and there looks to be a good amount of variation in the colour. Some have a lot of yellow, some a lot of black. And this colour seems to disguise the stupid small labels.

There were three colours of this one, and of course I grabbed all three colours. The yellow with black splatter is the Rev mailorder colour and is out of 343 copies. It's also apparently now sold out. Red is out of 1,131 copies and is the most comoon version, and the brown is the retail store exclusive out of 332.

Surely it is now only a matter of time until the 'New York Crew' 7" gets a repress. We shall see...

1 comment:

itallcomesdowntothis said...

I’m really surprised you like the yellow and black splatter. It’s my least favorite color of this repress imho.