Saturday 25 May 2024

Gold Toilet

This year has been all about old Sub Pop releases for ne so far, and another one that recently picked up is this 2023 gold vinyl repress of Mudhoney's 'Touch Me I'm Sick' 7". I wasn't planning on grabbing one of these, but when a friend mentioned that it looked cool I looked into it and I thought that it looked nice so I decided I wanted one.

This 7" was originally released in 1988, so this gold vinyl pressing was made in 2023 for the 35th anniversary. There was also a UK pressing on orange vinyl, but it was clearly pressed at a different plant as it has small labels and looks cheap, so I have no interest in it.

This is pretty much THE most anthemic grunge song of all time, and if you don't own a copy then I would suggest that this is a pretty cool and reasonably priced version to pick up. It's also a nice reminder that I still don't own a first press copy, which has been on my want list pretty much forever. Maybe one day...

No comments: