Saturday 4 May 2024

Orange Garden

I am a long way from being the world's biggest Bad Religion fan. I was really into them back in 1992/93 ish, but I lost interest after 'Recipe For Hate'. I bought the album after that, 'Stranger Than Fiction' in 1994, but was so disappointed in it that I sold it and never gave them another chance after that. So that's pretty much my Bad Religion history in a nutshell.

Well, back in 2019 I was searching on eBay and I found an orange vinyl copy of the 'Atomic Garden' 7" for sale. At the time I had never seen it before. The 7" was released in 1991 as a one sided 7" containing only one song ('Atomic Garden') with an etched b-side. It was essentially a promo single for the 'Generator' LP that came out in 1992. Anyway, even though I'm not a huge Bad Religion fan, I kinda wanted the 7" as it just looked kinda cool... even though the record itself is pretty much pointless.

Well, I thought about that 7" for a day or two, and then when I went back it had sold. I was bummed. So I made a mental note to keep my eyes open for another one. And five years later, I managed to find one.

As with a lot of records from the early 90s, pressing info isn't available. But whatever the numbers, this is pretty damn rare. I think I read somwhere that there are only about 50 of these, although I can't find that now. To give that number context, there must be probably 5,000 - 10,000 black vinyl copies of this record out there. This means that one in every 100-200 copies are orange. As I said, a pretty pointless record, but a pretty cool one to own for sure.

No comments: