Saturday 6 March 2021

I Wanna Kill Your Boyfriend

There's a title of a Curl Up And Die record which is, I think, some kind of famous quote: 'we may be through with the past but the past ain't through with us'. Which is exactly how I feel about my record collecting at times. I think I'm done with something and then it comes back into my life and takes me back to a distant past, which I always romanticise even though life pretty much sucked at the time no doubt.

So I was on eBay a couple of weeks ago and somehow ended up finding some UK seller who had a whole bunch of Dwarves records. The Dwarves were a band that i got into back in about 1992 and I stuck with them for a few years, but eventually got bored as (like a lot of bands) they got old and boring. But I stil get tempted to buy some of their records just for the fun of the covers, most of which have boobs on. Sadly, today's record does not feature boobs, but I picked it up because its one of their records from their heyday.

This is a two song 7" from 1992 on a label called 'Sympathy For The Record Industry' called (as you can see) 'I wanna kill your boyfriend'. One memory I have of this songs is around 20 years ago when I was seeng this girl who actually had a boyfriend. One day I just put this song on to see her reaction. She laughed. But sadly didn't leave her boyfriend for me.

Anyway, I have a copy of this 7" that I probably bought in either 1992 or 1993, which is on clear pink vinyl. So when I saw this copy on a nice solid pink vinyl going for cheap I couldn't resist grabbing it, as pink really is the best vinyl colour in my opinion.

I don't think I even knew that this came on different colours of vinyl to be honest. But this seems to be one of the band's least expensive records to buy, and there are a few different colours out there, so I feel a strong tempation to pick up more. And just when I thought I had all the Dwarves records I would ever need...

No comments: