Wednesday 24 March 2021

The Blizzard Of '21

I've probably said this before, but Dead By 23 Records was a record collector's dream and worst nightmare at the same time. The label put out a small number of great records, and also made sure that anyone who was into their releases and also into collecting would have something to do for the rest of their life. I think (may be wrong) that there were 9 releases on the label, and there were multiple different versions of each. My spreadsheet tells me that I have 70 DB23 records in my collection, and this includes 10 different copies of the Frostbite 7".

Actually, sorry, my mistake. I now have 11 copies, as I have just added one more to the collection - a black vinyl copy in the regular sleeve:

I probably could have bought this one many times in the past, but the truth is that I never cared about black vinyl. But these days I fnid myself mellowing and actually wanting to add a few black vinyl copies of things that I have collections of just for the sake of adding more copies into my house. I know, I know... I'm going soft in my old age.

Goddamn, this 7" still holds up too. Possibly in the top 10 of the 00's.

2 comments:

billboardprints said...

such a great 7. i still throw this on quite a bit. this and the final plan 7.

Nico said...

Top 10 material from the 00's for sure.