Monday 8 March 2021

Lycanthrope

Back at the end of 2016 I picked up a bunch of TAD records. I had been a fan of the band in the early 90s, and then sold all records I had of theirs when I got into straight edge hardcore as stupidly thought I didn't like TAD anymore. Well, when I got back into collecing the band's records 4 or so years ago, I then started looking for any and all other TAD records that I didn't have. It turned out that I had missed 2 full lengths in the early to mid 90s, which I have now managed to pick up, but the most surprising discovery was that there had been a TAD 7" released on the Pushead Fanclub label way back in 1992. I had no clue, and quite how I had managed to miss this information in the prior 24 years I do not know (although I guess it was probably bacause Pushead releases were never exactly easy to get, and I stopped looking for TAD records probably a year or so after this came out anyway). Still, I was surprised that I had never so much as heard of it, but after learning of its existence it went straight onto the want list.

Since discovernig that it existed, I have seen a few of these pop up for sale in the last 4 years or so, but the asking price seems to vary quite a lot, and even though I wanted one, I wasn't quite ready to pay $300. So I did what I always do, and just sat and waited, and eventually one popped up for sale on discogs for a really good price. The price was so good that I was a little sceptical, so got the seller to send me some photos, but they came through and the record looked to be in great condition, so I pulled the trigger. And when it arrived I was pretty happy as it did indeed to be in great shape.

The record itself comes on yellow vinyl, and the sleeve has a wraparound vellum cover which glows in the dark. As with all Pushead releases, it looks great. There are 2 songs on this 7", both of which were released on the band's third LP 'Inhaler'.

I got number 112/160. And even though I am really happy to get one of these, it also makes me want more, because it turns out that there are other versions, and it turns out that mine is the most common. There are different sleeve variations, and also copies on orange vinyl. Wish me luck!

No comments: